THE ENGLISH WORKOUT---PRACTICAL ENGLISH LANGUAGE TRAINING (THAT WORKS, FAST!)



WHAT IS THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE WORKOUT?

How Do You Do It?


ALL YOU DO IS ANSWER QUESTIONS. 

EASY, RIGHT?

by
Robert Farmilo

I am the creator of the Original English Language Workout. It is a method for helping English students of all skill levels to quickly push their English skill to the next level.


HOW DOES IT WORK?


You answer questions that I ask you. The first part is a warm-up series of questions that gets your brain working. This part can seem very simple...like it is for kids.


After the warm-up, the questions become more challenging.


The English Workout can be done while you watch me show you something like a pen. I ask you, "What is this?" 



Watch This Video

When you answer, I usually say, "It is a pen."


I want you to get in the habit of using prepositions and articles to describe what "it" is...whatever "it" is.


After showing you different everyday objects, I probably will show you some unusual objects that you immediately recognize...but may not know the name of in English.


I might show you something like this:




After getting you to tell me what I am showing you, I will begin to ask you this question: "What am I doing?"


I will show you actions and you have to tell me what I am doing.

WHAT IS HE DOING?

I might put the feather in my shirt pocket. Or I might put something on top of my head. Your job is to tell me what I am doing.


The questions about what I am doing become increasingly complex. You will see me do a variety of actions like standing up, sitting down, and moving things around. 



BLAST OFF!
Try this Tongue Twister Video


I will begin to introduce new concepts that involve some of the contradictions and oddities of the English language. 

You need to know how these contradictions are applied in a practical way.


For example, the word right has many meanings in the English language, and you need to be able to understand the different ways this word can be used. Right?






What other types of RIGHT can there be? There are the ones that sound like that word RIGHT but are spelled differently. PLUS these words do not have the same meaning. RIGHT?

  • WRITE
  • RITE
rite
rīt/
noun

  1. a religious or other solemn ceremony or act.

    "the rite of communion"

    synonyms:ceremonyritualceremonial


a body of customary observances characteristic of a church or a part of it.

"the Byzantine rite"



a social custom, practice, or conventional act.


"the family Christmas rite"


An Exploration of Coming of Age Rituals & Rites of Passage in a Modern Era | Ron Fritz | TEDxBend




So, you can write about the word right and also have a rite that is performed at the righting of a wrong or to emphasize the fact that you are observing the correct and proper rites of your particular cultural origins...and you can write all about that, too.


TELL ME, HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT?

The English Language Workout greatly increases your skill in being able to accurately describe your feelings, opinions, thoughts, and ideas about a wide range of important subjects.

Your ability to answer more complex questions improves because I ask you questions that help build your answering skill muscles. As you get better at answering questions, your speed of response and accuracy increases, too.

When you can tell someone (in English) that you don't like something or that you do like something...and the reasons why---this enriches your life.


Talking about feelings and moods using the English language

There is a lot more to the English Language Workout. I will add more details over the next few weeks and months. 

Make sure you take a look at the next set of lessons listed below. These lessons are very useful.

If you like, please share them with other people you know who are interested in learning English.




No comments:

Post a Comment